What do Yeshua’s (Jesus’) Miracles Tell us about his Deity Status?
The Power behind the miracles
Who actually was the power behind the miracles that are recorded in the New Testament? Furthermore, who was the power behind those performed by Yeshua (Jesus)? We will begin our study with a reading from the book of Acts in which the miracles of the apostles are referenced.
- Acts 15:7,12
- 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. … 12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.
There are a couple of interesting points to note in these 2 verses.
First, note how Peter, not Paul, was the original apostle to the non-jews. This is a fact you virtually never hear within the “church”. Paul has been so highly exalted within traditional Christianity, that it often reaches to a level of idolatry. As I said in the article entitled, “Does Christianity Truly Follow Christ?“:
Christians, especially Christian leaders need to realize the following:
- Yeshua is the Messiah – NOT PAUL
- Yeshua is the Son of God – NOT PAUL
- Yeshua gave himself as a sacrifice for sin – NOT PAUL
- Yeshua was raised from the dead by the Eternal God – NOT PAUL
- Yeshua will return to rule as King in his Father’s Kingdom – NOT PAUL
- YESHUA’S WORDS ARE THE FINAL AUTHORITY – NOT PAUL’S
No Apology for elevating Yeshua above the apostle Paul!
I make no apology for my loyalty to Yeshua, especially not to those that effectively make Paul the “Lord and Master” of their lives. As I communicate with others I am increasingly made aware of the extent to which Paul has truly become the Messiah and god of the “church”. I accept Paul’s writings but feel he has been grossly misinterpreted. The Paul worship I observe practiced by Christian teachers leaves me nauseous as I see them attempt to understand Paul from a Greco-Roman mindset then use their incorrect interpretations to declare God’s Holy and Eternal instructions abolished.
Most Christians do not realize that Paul was not even counted among the leaders of the first century church! In fact, until the defeat of Israel by the Romans in 135CE, there were fifteen Jewish congregational leaders of the Jerusalem Messianic community – which was the headquarters of the Messianic faith, and Paul was not one of them! They were all relatives of Yeshua. Only after the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and defeated Bar Kochva to end the war with the Jews did a non-Jewish leader arise, and he – Bishop Marcus – was “appointed” by the Roman Emperor Hadrian with a prime objective being to rid the faith of “Jewishness” – the Hebraic foundations.
Hadrian was the same emperor who made circumcision a capital offense in 130CE; therefore, it doesn’t take much imagination to figure out where he or his appointed church bishop stood with regard to Judaic truths. He even banned Jews from entering Jerusalem – a ban which lasted many years. Atop the ruins of our Holy Jerusalem, the Romans built their new pagan city of “Aelia Capitolina” – with their pagan Temple dedicated to their god Jupiter.
The great harlot takes her (non-permanent) seat of power
My friend, it was at this point in history that the great harlot of Revelation truly began a conspiracy that is still ongoing as she plotted to usurp the actual Torah-based truth and to establish her decadent anti-Torah reign. The legitimate Hebraic, Torah-embracing faith of the followers of Messiah began to be suppressed by those who vehemently opposed God’s eternal Torah and all things Hebraic. It was then (135CE) that the true Body of Messiah was forced aside and the great harlot began her expanding effort to “change times and laws”.
One of her first changes, which became official doctrine in 325 cE, was to replace the One God with the pagan Trinity by declaring that Messiah is “God in the flesh”.
The true nature and final mission of the Messiah (Christ) was censored, then paganized, redefined, repackaged, and promoted. Oh, and of course the great harlot of Rome and Revelation could not allow the true Hebrew name of the Messiah to remain; so, she changed that from his true name of Yeshua, into the false name “Jesus” so that it wouldn’t be so Jewish.
Paul took his orders from the leaders in Jerusalem – a fact that will be proven in subsequent verses of Acts. Despite this, traditional Christianity ranks Paul as the “chief” apostle. Chalk this up as one more unbiblical teaching of Christianity advanced by the harlot of Rome – another one of many within the “church” that is easy to prove has no basis in Scripture.
The second point to be noted in these 2 verses regards what is recorded in verse 12:
12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
These verses clearly indicate how God works through His emissaries to further the Kingdom. God empowers men and women of TRUE faith as His will dictates. The primary point to note is how it is God doing the miracles THROUGH (by) Paul and Barnabas.
Did Yeshua do the Miracles?
At this point none will disagree. All readers of Scripture – indeed all traditional Christians and Messianics – agree Paul and Barnabas were ordinary human beings empowered by God to accomplish the mission set before them. Do you know of any that will argue this fact? Doesn’t the passage make it clear? Of course it does!
Well then, why is the following verse ignored – or often outright rejected – by the majority of Christians and counterfeit Messianics?
- Acts 2:22 (KJV)
- 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Note the similarity between the miracles of Paul, Barnabas, AND Yeshua the Messiah. If the New King James version or the New American Standard version are referenced the similarity is so precise it makes Acts 2:22 and Acts 15:12 duplicate verses with regard to who is actually performing the miracles!
- Acts 2:22; 15:12 (NKJV)
- 22 “?Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know – …
12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles.
- Acts 2:22; 15:12 (NASB)
- 22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know – …
12 And all the multitude kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.
Notice the CLEAR point to be made – a point the great harlot despises us for showing to those under the power of her deception:
- Regarding Paul and Barnabas we see clearly that the miracles they performed were actually performed by God through them.
- Regarding Yeshua the Messiah we see exactly the same thing!
Who ACTUALLY performed the miracles is very important
This is an extremely important point, though most traditional Christians and counterfeit Messianics wish to not accept it or even consider it.
Please allow your God-given common sense reasoning ability determine your beliefs instead of deceptive mystery theories and idolatry of a “religion” or “church family”. Let the true weight of Scriptural evidence – not elegantly described mystical gibberish – dictate your faith. Why is it that most contemporary Christians and Messianics will easily accept Acts 15:12 but ignore the exact same point that is made in Acts 2:22?
Acts 2:22 is the foundational explanation for how Yeshua was able to perform miracles.
I submit to you there is no way it could be more clearly proven that YHVH (the Eternal Creator God) was actually the one doing the miracles through Yeshua than is shown by Peter’s words recorded in Acts 2:22:
“…a Man (Yeshua) attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him…”
There are at least 4 basic points shown by Acts 2:22 and Acts 15:12.
- Yeshua is a man, as are Paul and Barnabas. He is not a “God in the flesh”.
- God, not Paul, not Barnabas, and not even Yeshua performed the miracles through them.
- Yeshua – exactly as Paul and Barnabas – was an agent, a divinely empowered representative, a shaliach through which miracles were performed. Yeshua, as the perfectly obedient representative and chosen one (Messiah) was unique in the level of empowerment by God.
- The miracles were to attest (testify) to Yeshua’s claim to being the Messiah (anointed one) of God in both recorded cases. Common sense dictates the one anointed and the one doing the anointing are not the same entity; therefore, Messiah (the one anointed) is not the one from whom he was anointed (God).
- There is a clear distinction shown between the actual source of the miracles (God) and the agents representing God through which the miracles were performed (Yeshua, Paul, and Barnabas).
Simple fact is avoided by most Christians and Messianics
I sincerely cannot see how anyone can miss the common sense facts shown in these verses! Quite simply, it cannot possibly be any clearer.
Since God actually did the miracles through each of them (Yeshua, Paul and Barnabas), Paul, Barnabas, and Yeshua are obviously not God!
This is analogous to a power plant that produces electricity and the wires through which the electricity is delivered. God is the power plant. His empowered agents are His delivery system for many of His teachings and functions. However, just as the wires are not the power plant, so the agents of God are not God.
I once again appeal to your common sense and hope you still have some left after approximately 1700 years of lies and deception from the great harlot of Rome.
It is irrefutable, despite the wishes of those that prefer to reject it, that Yeshua was not the source of the miracles, God was. It is also just as obvious that Yeshua is not God.
Please use common sense. The New Testament is full of proof Yeshua is not God. But of course, in order to see those proofs one must first dedicate himself or herself to study, which most do not do.
Awaken from the drunken stupor brought about by intoxication from the wine of the great harlot. Awaken and worship the ONE, True God and follow the TRUE Messiah instead of the anti-messiah promoted by traditional Christianity and counterfeit Messianism.
Header image © Krivosheev Vitaly/bigstock
© TORAH OF MESSIAH
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED